The ideal candidate has experience with business analytics in sports, and loves tinkering with databases, Hadoop/Hive clusters, machine learning, statistics, and Tableau dashboards. The ideal candidate also has an understanding of ROI in sports, including ticketing, sponsorship, and other areas influenced by data. In addition, they must be a self-starter with expertise in relational databases, AWS cloud services, Java programming, SQL queries, Hadoop, Hive, Tableau, and more.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly analytics insights to our sports teams
- Cleaning, organizing, and analyzing terabytes of data from our mobile apps
- Validating the analytics data that comes out of our mobile apps on a regular basis
- Creating, optimizing, and managing complex SQL queries
- Running machine-learning algorithms on very large data sets to extract insights
- Writing Java programs to manage, and interface with, large Hadoop clusters
- Building, maintaining, and refining Tableau dashboards
- Creating data-export workflows into the data warehouses of professional sports teams
- Working with the BI departments of 200+ sports organizations to deliver value every day.