Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development and Partnerships, this position will build and execute the overarching partnership marketing department strategy while leading the maximization of partner value across USL and throughout the league’s expansive team network. The role will be charged with executing, growing, and retaining USL’s growing portfolio of strategic partners. This position will work closely with all departments at the league office, as well as teams across the USL ecosystem, to develop, execute and fulfill upon the sponsorship sales strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage a department dedicated to providing first class service and over-delivery to USL strategic partners.
- Work with key Department heads to build upon and execute a long-term strategy for the Partnership Marketing team.
- Work with departments across USL HQ to ensure delivery of partnership inventory, to include broadcast/media, digital, social media, and experiential elements.
- As the primary point of contact, cultivate strong, meaningful relationships with USL strategic partners, focused on building an understanding of their key business objectives.
- Build strong relationships with USL Team leadership to identify and execute local opportunities for national partners.
- Generate and evaluate pre-, post- and mid-season reports to assist in assessing overall effectiveness of the current partnerships; effectively present data to communicate ongoing value.
- Identify and work with third-party platforms that provide key tracking and valuation metrics related to partnership delivery.
- Oversee project calendars for partner fulfillment, to include working within and managing budgetary guidelines.
- Lead all partner communications with pertinent department personnel to cover individual task updates, overall project timelines, and brainstorm new ideas for improving future partnership marketing operations.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and the broader Marketing team to showcase partner success stories to drive USL and partner relevance.
- Deliver ongoing creative marketing and implementation recommendations for current partners including retail activation, in-stadium promotions, special events and community outreach ideas based on evolving business objectives.
- Support the partner integration within USL’s marquee event series designed to showcase USL and its partners while driving business-to-business opportunities.
- Work with internal sales team to manage the partner renewal process.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends in the commercial partnership landscape.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.