No Longer Accepting Applications
Aberdeen, MD, USA
The Aberdeen IronBirds are seeking a Partnerships & Marketing Intern for the upcoming 2023 season. Specifically, we are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals to learn under our 2023 staff. Through an internship with the IronBirds, you will gain valuable real-world experience working for a professional sports organization. Opportunities will include various aspects of the organization through assigned tasks on gamedays and occasional non-gamedays, including interacting with Partnerships clients, fulfilling marketing and social media tasks, roles in the Entertainment department producing the game, interacting with fans, setting up and breaking down the daily partnerships and marketing gameday elements, and much more.
Internship Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist with the scheduling and publishing of daily content on all social media channels as well as play a part in the creation, development, and execution of social media campaigns.
- Capture in-game photos and videos to tell the story of the fan environment during a game.
- Manage all photo and creative inventory as it pertains to baseball and social needs
- Assist with execution of pre-game and in-game entertainment and giveaways
- Work confidently with corporate partners to ensure all aspects of partnership fulfillment are met.
- Be an integral part of the promotions team and assist in preparation, coordination, and execution of theme nights throughout the season
- Foster relationships with existing clients and persistently prospect new business through cold-calling, networking events, and community appearances
- Assist with distribution of all marketing materials throughout the community and stadium, print/digital programs, posters, handouts, etc.
- All other duties as assigned, including wearing the mascot suit for appearances and occasional physical tasks (moving furniture, lifting and carrying boxes or other items, etc.)
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with and relate to corporate partners and fans
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and event management skills
- Strengths in writing and editing are a plus
- Experience with all major social media channels
- Experience with Canva and Social Media Analytics is a plus
- Ability to shoot video and have a knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- General knowledge of baseball
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.