No Longer Accepting Applications
Aberdeen, SD, USA
- Be paid for every hour worked
- IronBirds will assist with fulfilling any needs for college credit in addition to paying interns for their time.
- Receive training and guidance from experienced sports professionals, including upper management
- Have responsibilities that will:
- Vary from homestand to homestand, game to game, and hour to hour
- Include tasks in every department in the company
- Not include interaction with player development or Orioles on-field staff or players
- Require a high level of self-sufficiency and autonomy, needing critical thinking skills and the ability to operate with low levels of supervision
- Depend on the intern’s willingness to work hard, and desire to succeed.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student, rising college freshman, or recently graduated student, looking for experience in sports
- Be prepared to live in or near Harford County for the duration of the internship (the IronBirds do not provide housing)
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to learn from experienced sports executives
- Work as many of the IronBirds’ 66 home games as possible (school schedule permitting) beginning April 6th, 2023, and ending September 10th, 2023 (Time can extend based on Playoffs)
- Candidates arriving after the college year concludes and/or leaving for college in late August or early September will be considered.
- Interns are expected to work every game all summer once they are out of school and before they go back to school; games and homestands are not missed for vacations. (Please view attached schedule) 2023 Printable IronBirds Schedule
- Gladly accept any assignment offered to them to gain experience in every aspect of the business of minor league sports