No Longer Accepting Applications
Boyds, MD, USA
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
The Camp Director will lead, teach, and motivate campers at the camps at the Maryland SoccerPlex and Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse (AHF). The Camp Director will oversee groups of campers weekly, lead activities and develop a curriculum for the camp. The Camp Director will respond to and address incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents and discuss camper participation and concerns with the Manager of Camps & Programs, parents and other camp staff members.
- Onsite management of camp. Camp hours 9:00AM-4:00PM, plus additional time for pre-camp set up and breakdown daily.
- Develop camp curriculum based on ages and abilities of campers
- Supervise and train camp staff members to plan and coordinate daily camp activities based on the schedule and curriculum for the day.
- Organizing and leading age-appropriate drills, games and activities, explaining the rules and acting as referee.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Supervise the cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment by camp staff.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and Camp Administrator.
- Communicating with parents and answering questions about the camp.
- Leading camp staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership and staff management skills
- Passion for positively impacting youth
- Punctual and Reliable
- Responsible and Proactive
- Positive attitude and personality Additional Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work weekdays, early mornings and middays
- Ability to work in varying climates including heat and rain
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record to drive work carts
- Reliable transportation