No Longer Accepting Applications
Peoria, IL, USA
The Broadcast & Media Intern is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the media department and the broadcast of the game. The Broadcast & Media Intern will work with all areas of the organization to support the overall objectives of the organization.
The key responsibilities of the Broadcast & Media Intern include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development & execution of all (home game) game day notes and statistics packets.
- Write and distribute news releases regarding Dozer Park and the Peoria Chiefs.
- Update relevant team information on the Peoria Chiefs website.
- Be a part of the radio broadcast of the game helping with the pre & post game shows, possibility of in-game play by play depending on the experience and skill level of the B&M Assistant.
- Conduct a daily pre-game interview for (home game) radio broadcast (player, coach, special guest)
- Operate the press box during games
- Write the game recap for every home game and update to website
- Assist in management of in-season media efforts including daily interviews Know the Gamecaster setup for MiLB as a fill-in official scorer
- Other duties as assigned
- The Broadcast & Media Intern will work with the Director of Media on a daily basis to ensure that all game day information packets are completed, press releases have been distributed, and all covering media is assisted. The Broadcast & Media Intern and Director of Media will work together in assisting local media with any information they may need to increase coverage of the Peoria Chiefs.
- The Broadcast & Media Intern will be responsible for maintaining a proper working environment in the press box on game days. Duties include distribution of informational packets, assisting the Official Scorer and Scoreboard Operator, and develop and distribute a game summary and box score to local media and both teams.
- Minimum – Soph, Jr. or Sr. standing towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Desire to learn about a career in sports
- Vast baseball knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills