No Longer Accepting Applications
- Attend weekly training sessions, matches, tournaments and events for the Club, interviewing Club representatives for coverage and original story ideas
- Contributing reporter for the Club's audio and video platforms, when needed
- Show the Club's personality and voice through daily engagement with content, including acting as a news source for Club announcements
- Develop and manage editorial content calendar
- Handle soccer-related information, including press releases, breaking team news, injury and roster updates and team statistics for Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and Orlando City B
- Ability to work untraditional hours
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with MLS/NWSL content teams and web producers and ensure the club is taking advantage of all opportunities available for its online activities, while keeping the leagues informed of the club’s needs and priorities
- Reporting and analysis of website and app metrics (web and app traffic, engagement, league best practices, ad impressions from the league), etc. in conjunction with the Business Intelligence team
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Digital Content, and the social media, production and creative teams
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in marketing, with a strong concentration in digital.
- Strong time-management, organization and leadership skills with proven experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with the proven ability to write short and long form pieces, and knowledge of AP Style guidelines.
- Experience with recording and editing podcasts.
- Ability and willingness to interview athletes and personalities for written pieces and potential video features, while maintaining a high professional and journalistic standard.
- Ability to evaluate data, determine trends, find opportunities to pitch stories and content ideas to make recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience using content management systems
- Expert skills with website architecture, topography, design and implementation
- Proficiency in FORGE and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience in MLS, NWSL, MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL or professional sports media preferred (collegiate, other professional/minor league sports, or similar event-related business experience considered)
- Soccer knowledge preferred; but not required