No Longer Accepting Applications
The Harris County – Houston Sports Authority is seeking well-rounded students looking to excel in the sports industry. Our Marketing and Communications intern has an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience working alongside the Marketing Team.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Community Outreach
- Assist with identifying potential engagement opportunities with local groups and organizations that are affiliated within the NBOTB and HBCU community.
- Greek and other student organizations, alumni associations, faith-based organizations, etc.
- Work with NBOTB team to help distribute promotional materials and collateral.
- Market Research on event engagement activities, ticketing strategy, sponsor activations, etc.
- Assist with NBOTB grassroots marketing initiative
- Assist with day-to-day event communications
- Conduct local media outreach for press conferences and other event initiatives
- Compile event specific media clip reports
- On-site event support
- Set-up and teardown
- Tracking sponsorship deliverables
- Social Media execution
- Photography and video
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled as a full-time college/university student and must receive academic credit for this internship
- Applicant must be available for a minimum of 35 hours per week
- During event dates, must be available to work long hours, including weekends and evenings
- Lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly, work outdoors and stand for long periods of time
- Must have personal vehicle for event related travel; all of which will be within Harris County
- Valid driver’s license