No Longer Accepting Applications
- Develops and implements plans for the successful maintenance of all athletic fields and grounds.
- Plans, oversees, and project-manages major athletic grounds and fields renovation projects, as assigned; schedules, facilitates, oversees, and quality controls reconstruction activities, including the work of external contractors.
- Oversees assigned personnel, which includes assigning work, work allocation, training and problem resolution; evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions; motivating employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Develops and manages budgets related to athletic fields and grounds.
- Purchases, maintains, and manages inventory of athletic field maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Supervises the conversion and protection of athletic fields during special events.
- Restores fields damaged by weather, use, or other conditions to a level commensurate with that expected of MiLB field
- Manages and reviews irrigation systems performance and initiates changes when necessary.
- Pre & Post game prep including batting practice, blowing, clay repair
- Maintaining cultural practices such as aeration, verticutting, spring tine, scalping, top dressing
- Preventative equipment maintenance including oil changes, air filters, washing, greasing, and back lapping
- Directing and coordinating tarp pulls and tarp teams
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify turf pests and institute turfgrass maintenance and treatment.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the work of technical consultants and/or contractors.
- Knowledge of retail purchasing and inventory control principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of sports field irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of pest management guidelines and standards.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of standards for athletic fields
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.