No Longer Accepting Applications
- Design multi-year and yearly training plans (YTPs) for the high performance, Next Gen and national team (Elite, Youth, Junior) programs, supported by the Gold Medal Profile (GMP)/Winning Style (WS) and international calendar, which may include domestic and international, as well as centralized and decentralized strategies.
- Determine the budget, control accountability for all funds with respect to the program plan.
- Ensure appropriate Talent ID and recruitment strategies for athletes and coaches are implemented as part of the program plan.
- Lead and manage the high performance coaching and technical leadership structure, including all high performance, NextGen and national team coaches and technical staff (see below), ensuring input is effectively integrated.
- Establish, measure, and evaluate performance metrics and targets.
- Lead a “culture of excellence” by establishing an aligned and collaborative environment with all stakeholders involved with the program plan, as well as clarity around HP program objectives.
- Monitor and assist in developing the athlete daily training environment (DTE) through Boxing Canada’s network of training centres to ensure athletes are optimally prepared for performance and to continue to promote ongoing HP development.
- Oversee development and application of team selection and carding policies.
- Prepare annual operating reports, annual applications for financial assistance and other reports as required by all funding agencies and stakeholders.
- Provide input into anything related to High Performance or National Team Programs on an as needed basis
- Performance Science Integration
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system
- Strong consultative, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, design, implement and manage programs
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm, and can motivate, lead, and empower
- Strong people management skills with experience leading, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets, analyze financial records, and prepare reports.
- Strong business writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills in English and preferably also in French.