No Longer Accepting Applications
- Perform general baseball field maintenance which includes preparing, maintaining, and repairing all field, bullpen, mound, plate and warning track areas
- Assist with batting practice set-up and tear down, infield tarp deployment and removal
- Perform turf grass management including mowing, edging, sodding, aerating, topdressing, irrigation repairs as well as assisting with fertilizer and pest control applications
- Responsible for cleanliness in batting cage areas, dugouts, etc.
- Assist the Custodial Game Crew with trash and recycling removal from concourse areas during Cubs games and events
- General equipment repair and maintenance
- Various other duties as required
- 1 year previous experience in all technical areas of baseball field maintenance, including the use of specialized turf equipment, mowing skills, mound and plate repair, and turf grass replacement
- Able to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflict including but not limited to verbal and physical tactics.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
- Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be available May – October.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 18 years or older by Opening Day.