No Longer Accepting Applications
Communication Interns will help in the development and execution of communications initiatives for the team and Levi’s® Stadium. The intern will assist with the day-to-day activities of the Communications and Public Affairs teams and aid in research projects to support the development of public affairs campaigns. A general understanding of the live sports and entertainment industry is beneficial. The ideal candidate is an outgoing and innovative communications professional, with experience in project management and proactive media pitching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages media monitoring and internal reporting.
- Develops and maintains local and national media lists for key media contacts in core functional competencies: technology, sustainability, education, community relations, marketing, corporate partnerships, business analytics, and sports business.
- Assists in the development and execution of strategic communications planning for all 49ers and stadium-related story ideas to the media.
- Assists in preparing and editing internal communications materials used to brief employees.
- Writes feature articles for 49ers publications and 49ers.com as well as press releases.
- Supports publicity efforts for non-NFL events staged at Levi’s® Stadium.
- Works closely with the marketing and digital media departments to execute strategic communications plans and promote brand development.
- Manages annual calendar of industry conferences, speaking opportunities, and industry awards in adherence with team protocols for employee participation.
- Staff events onsite and on location.
- Provides media relations support for all home games.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, while balancing and prioritizing multiple or competing tasks.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion while maintaining confidentiality.
- Creative and innovative; the ability to see alternatives and solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively build a network of contacts at all levels within the industry and in the community, both internally and externally.