How to apply
Our 2023 Summer Internship Program is an 8 -week program designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat demeanor that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in planning and execution of off-season experiential event activations supporting marketing and revenue teams
- Work along side brand team in creating 23-24 season giveaway and theme night calendars
- Work on research for standard processes around experiential marketing, brand strategy and influencer engagement
- Develop creative solutions for gifting packaging, unique items and small business inclusion as it relates to influencer, partner and player gifting
- Assist in placing creative orders, event space booking, photography requests and following other internal processes as assigned
- Support all aspects of the retail, influencer, brand & event marketing vertical as needed
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying Communications, Marketing, Sports management, Business, or a related field.
- Must be flexible and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to commit to the full 8-week assignment.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center and Little Caesars Arena.
- Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.