How to apply
The Authentics Assistant will be a valuable member of the Tigers Authentics Team. This person will assist with a wide variety of responsibilities that support the Authentics department’s goals to authenticate and secure team history and drive revenue.
- Assisting in all aspects of club authentic merchandise operations, which includes keeping and maintaining inventory of autographed and game-used authentic memorabilia.
- Assisting with the creation and preparation of timely sales, finance, and inventory reports.
- Communicate regularly with other departments, as well as other MLB teams, and the MLB league office.
- Providing day-to-day communication with Authentics customers via phone and email, helping to secure direct sale orders, coordinate on-line auctions and shipping items on a year-round basis.
- Packaging and shipping items using FedEx and / or USPS.
- Setting up, stocking, maintaining, and keeping organized the Authentics Shop on the main concourse as well as other Authentics points of sale throughout Comerica Park.
- Supporting the implementation and fulfillment of all inventory processes, both on-line and in house.
- Work Tigers home games, evenings, holidays, and weekends, as well as special events
- Other duties as assigned, including support of Marketing, Fantasy Camp, Alumni and Player Engagement Departments.
- The ideal candidate must be a college student, or recent graduate (within 6 months) with studies related to business, sports management, retail management or similar field
- Previous experience working in sports, retail management or related field
- Extensive knowledge of the history of baseball, game of baseball and Tigers baseball
- Excellent communication, computer, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.