The IMS Safety Patrol is responsible for executing Guest Services roles around the facility during both large- and small-scale events. Safety Patrol operates in 8 divisions around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway including Stands and Mounds, Gates, Traffic, Outside Lots, Suites, Transportation, Garage & Pits, and Special Assignments.
- Safety Patrol has varying specific responsibilities depending on the division in which they work
- Stands and Mounds employees are responsible for providing hospitality and customer service to guests in the stands while also verifying that guests are seated in the right location
- Gates Safety Patrol welcome guests into the facility by scanning and selling tickets and providing wayfinding assistance. Gates Safety Patrol is also responsible for checking bags and enforcing prohibited items rules and regulations
- Traffic employees work to direct and park all vehicular traffic inside the gates. They are also responsible for screening for parking passes, enforcing credentials, and controlling pedestrian traffic around roadways and parking lots
- Outside Lots Safety Patrol work in all lots outside of the IMS gates. Their primary duties are to sell parking, direct guests within the lot, and ultimately guide them to their parking space.
- Suites employees work in most of our premium areas and their primary role is to enforce credentials and tickets around these areas. They work closely with suite owners and guests to provide exceptional customer service
- Transportation employees are responsible for the movement of guests and staff around the facility in trams, vans, and golf carts.
- Garage & Pits Safety Patrol work in race-related areas and provide credential enforcement, wayfinding assistance, and customer service to both guests and teams.
- All Safety Patrol are expected to provide exceptional customer service and security with a smile regardless of their assigned division
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure to solve guest issues
- Ability to work long hours, often standing
- Ability to provide security with a smile
- Quick learner who is able to pick up on best practices and protocols
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of event staff
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Embodies our Core Values: Own Results. Take Initiative. Value Diversity. Stay Resilient & Solution-Oriented. Act with Integrity. Speak Plainly. Build Relationships. Nurture Talent.