How to apply
The Engineer will be called upon to perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all HVAC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs minor and major repair of all facility systems and equipment.
- Inspects systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns. Investigates malfunctions or breakdowns of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem & implements corrective actions and solutions.
- Perform the routine preventive and corrective maintenance of HVAC systems including chilled and hot water systems, AHU’s and small refrigeration equipment.
- Assists with anticipated potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building HVAC equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures. Follows procedures for use of Work Orders and BMS systems.
- Electrical troubleshooting on building mechanical systems including HVAC, building wide electrical, and other breakers/fuses an needed.
- Operate BAS for HVAC and lighting control systems at the arena.
- Assists Engineers with calibration and repairs of DDC and pneumatic systems.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems and general knowledge of ice plant operations.
- Assist with shutdown and start-ups of utilities when conditions require it.
- Adheres to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Ability to work event shifts as scheduled.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three to Five years’ experience within engineering field at a large complex.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software as well as a BMS system, Metasys preferred.