No Longer Accepting Applications
Chester, PA, USA
The primary role of the Community Relations Coordinator is providing support for the ongoing Philadelphia Union community relations initiatives as well as managing community tickets, donation and volunteer programs. The coordinator reports directly to the Director of Community Relations and helps create and execute efficient strategies and projects in and around Chester and Philadelphia communities. The coordinator also assists with annual Union events, working regularly with other departments to execute club wide programming.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations events and activities as assigned including but not limited to donation fulfillment, MLSWorks initiatives, and DEI efforts.
- Oversee Philadelphia Union Community Ticket Program while managing database and regular communication with community partners for distribution of tickets and giveaways for Union home matches.
- Create an awareness calendar and manage communication with other departments as it may apply to event coverage and promotion of community projects.
- Support ongoing Philadelphia Union community game day programming
- Help with community projects and service integrated into cross-functional events for marketing, ticket services, corporate sponsorship, and special events.
- Oversee the administrative needs of Philadelphia Union U-Serve volunteer platform and portal. Includes managing membership needs including but not limited to outreach, service, and rewards distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in the professional sports industry and/or relevant industry preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays and all gamedays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service, and resolution skills.
- Self-motivated team player with good work ethic and desire to learn.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 25 lbs.
- Complete understanding and experience of Chester/Philadelphia and surrounding communities a plus.