The Houston Astros are looking for a rising social media professional who will help develop, execute and analyze social media initiatives, with a focus on gameday content. This person will also support the Social Media Coordinator with ad-hoc projects, including but not limited to weekly performance reports and sponsored content.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with in-game content for Twitter, Instagram Feed & Stories, Facebook to help grow and engage the Astros social audience.
- Utilize Slate asset library to build and execute real-time, in-game content that meets the needs, requirements, and brand standards of the Astros organization. This may include but is not limited to daily lineup graphics, broadcast highlights, final scores.
- Utilize Greenfly to communicate with Live Content Creators at each ballpark to ensure content is being captured for away game needs.
- Assist on other marketing projects and campaigns throughout the season including reporting, sponsored content tracking, creative updates and more.
- Stay up-to-date with trends on existing and emerging platforms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- 1+ years’ experience in social media, sports or entertainment experience preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Game day duties required.
- Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work.
- High proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other emerging platforms.
- Proficiency in photo editing and fundamental design tasks in Photoshop, understanding of Adobe Premier is preferred. Video shooting and/or editing a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.