The Performance Science Apprentice will be responsible for helping to automate department work flows, ensuring documentation of department objectives, and helping to intregate information into baseball operations decision making process. This position is located in Houston, TX.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Automate scripts to create in season reports
- Documentation of progress and blockers to key objectives
- Assess reliability and validity of biomechanical and sports science data sources
- Perform literature reviews as needed for relevant biomechanical and sports science projects
- Interact with other departments within baseball operations to source needs for project prioritization
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree STEM (engineering, biomechanics, computer science, physics, etc.)
- Strong computer programming experience in either R or Python
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective and strong communication skills (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Comfortable making and executing requests
- Strong attention to detail and promptness