The Manager, Logistics provides planning, development, coordination, integration, and operations support for the Materials Management Area. This position will interact with all 2023 World Police and Fire Games functional departments to plan, coordinate and support the movement of key event resources to venues across Winnipeg.
- Oversight of all warehouse operations when activated, including day-to-day and Games time operations.
- Determine and maintain the layout and flow of warehouse operations.
- Ensure warehouse security and health and safety measures are implemented throughout operations.
- The role will require the candidate to be present at the 2023 World Police and Fire Games head office to work with functional departments.
- Develop master delivery schedules and supporting external inventory/asset tools to track the movement of goods.
- Develop and lead the process of inbound and outbound goods to and from the warehouse.
- Manage the procurement process to purchase Games supplies for Games time delivery.
- Manage team schedules, conflict resolution, training and empowerment.
- Coordination with warehouse staff and logistics volunteers during Games time.
- Dispatch management of logistics fleet.
- Distribution of all event goods to venues across the city of Winnipeg.
- Support the disposal management process post-Games.
- Post secondary training or certification in event management, warehouse operations or supply chain management is preferred. An undergraduate degree or diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or another related field is an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience related to event logistics, materials management, warehouse operations, and/or logistics planning. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
- Friendly, approachable manner and willingness to contribute and ask questions.
- Excellent verbal, written, electronic and related communication skills and capacities.
- Strong computer skills for the main business applications such as spreadsheets, presentation software and email. The Host Society operates in a Google Workspace environment including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail etc. and other Google apps so experience with a Google environment is an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment, involving a multitude of simultaneous and concurrent tasks, operations and requests.
- Ability to work in a team and perform specific tasks independently.
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Previous Games or related experience would be an asset.