The United Soccer League is seeking a Match Observer (MO) who can represent the USL in a professional and impartial manner in each respective market. The Match Observer is responsible for documenting and reporting club match day procedures and operations, as well as making note of any violations of league guidelines. The MO will also document adherence to competition guidelines from both teams, and report any instances of irresponsible behavior from players, coaches, and staff, both on and off the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate matches during the regular season (March-October) as determined by the USL and any playoff matches if applicable.
- Effectively record and report any minimum standards violations to USL team members.
- Inspect the venue for league and federation compliance.
- Document safety and security incidents and make note of potential liabilities.
- Document location and environment conditions of league broadcast equipment.
- Keep teams accountable in meeting professional standards.
- Record and report any potential disciplinary incidents.
- Adhere to local rules/guidelines on public safety, e.g., wearing a mask or face covering, temperature checks, and social distancing.