How to apply
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat demeanor that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with Pistons community, corporate partner and business-related communications efforts, including writing news releases.
- Assist with PR efforts around Pistons GT, the Pistons official NBA 2K League team.
- Manage Pistons media list including building and researching broader contact lists beyond Detroit and NBA reporters.
- Actively monitor media coverage and develop coverage recaps for Detroit Pistons (prior knowledge of Cision Communications Cloud technology is a plus).
- Help produce departmental publications, including Pistons Media Guide.
- Assist with basketball-related communications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available for duration of internship
- Must possess outstanding writing/interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge, use and understanding of social media practices.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and InDesign.
- Ability to meet deadlines in short, fast paced situations.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and have a positive attitude.
- Interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Has reliable transportation to and from Little Caesars Arena as necessary.
- Able to provide their own housing throughout the duration of the internship.