How to apply
The Communications & Media Relations Assistant will assist with administrative communication duties including writing, promoting, and distributing team-related content and stories. Hours will vary based on the AquaSox home game schedule but will average 25-40 hours per week throughout the summer (with some possible overtime hours).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an active member of marketing meetings and participate in brainstorming sessions regarding the promotion of all AquaSox games and events and generating media relations.
- Collaborate with all department leads for their public relations needs.
- Work closely with the Game Presentation team to create effective promotional social media campaigns and content for theme nights and other promotional elements.
- Take photographs and videos of in-game fan activities, proof of performance documentation, day staff, and experiences for marketing purposes.
- Assist with the management of current AquaSox social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok during the season for both home and road games.
- Maintain and coordinate a social media content calendar.
- Ensure the execution of all gameday/in-game sponsored social media content.
- Assist Video Production Team with posting in-game highlights, replays, etc.
- Assist Front Office with stadium prep and clean-up before and after each home game if needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong writing skills; an understanding of AP Style is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of graphic and social media trends prevalent in sports.
- Photography, video, and photo editing skills are a plus.
- Self-motivated worker and strong communicator with a professional attitude.
- Must be detailed-oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments and projects in a timely manner.
- Has the ability to meet tight deadlines.