A candidate for this position promotes superior hospitality and customer service at all times. This position projects a positive and a professional image at all times. This individual is responsible for providing world class customer service and treatment to guests at Nationals Park during games, social, and corporate events. This individual is comfortable working almost exclusively in premium venue areas of the ballpark.
Pay rate: $22.25/hour
Perks: Starting this season, we are excited to roll out the following new benefits for our team members:
- Theme Park Discount: Members of our team are eligible to receive complimentary admission tickets to a local theme park.
- Specialty Ticket Offers: This season we will be offering additional opportunities to receive complimentary tickets to Nationals games and tours for you and your family.
- Retail Discounts: We will also be providing additional opportunities to shop at our main Team Store with a discount on merchandise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all guests entering Nationals Park, check for valid tickets when necessary.
- Ensure all guests are having all needs met.
- Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas i.e. parking lots and Metro.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating Nationals Park, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Nice, warm and courteous.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Communicate articulately.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available to work 80% of all Nationals home games.
- Must be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way
- Must be willing to take direction and lead by example
- Ability to communicate clearly and possess a good command of verbal and written English
- Ability to understand and respond to individual guests needs and requirements