No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
This position is ideal for students looking to gain experience in the sport communications, marketing and/or journalism fields via promotion and coverage of Indiana’s Team both on and off the field. The Communications Intern will work in coordination with the Communications and Marketing Departments to tell the stories of the team’s players, coaching and support staff, front office members, fan base, and community and corporate partners via the creation of engaging written and multimedia content.
The Communications Intern will report directly to the Manager, Content Communications, with substantial guidance also provided by additional roles within the Communications and Marketing Departments.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Game preview and recap articles
- Written feature stories of varying lengths for team’s official website
- Live updates of matches via the team’s official @IndyElevenLive Twitter account
- Creation and execution of social media and email marketing campaigns
- Creation of graphics to support written content
- Infographics and social media posts
- Previous experience producing published written content (examples include work for local newspapers, student media outlets, blogs, or other online avenues)
- Knowledge and abilities in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is preferred
- Must have laptop capable of processing design programs
- Ability to work as a part of a team, including being trusted to work with confidential information
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Must have own mode of transportation to get to and from office, training facility, and events
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Experience in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Teams) is a plus
- Bilingual capabilities a plus