No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Equipment Management Intern will be responsible for assisting the Equipment Manager in overseeing the sporting equipment and apparel for the club’s First Team. The position will provide support for daily training sessions and home matches. They will have the opportunity to learn about the operations and logistics that are needed to support a professional sports organization. The position will also assist in the overall Team Operations work environment. This position will report directly to the Operations department.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist coaching and technical staff with set up and preparation of daily training sessions.
- Assist in the set up and preparation for home matches.
- Assist in the caretaking of the team's equipment and gear.
- Assist in the laundering and coordination of team gear.
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned.
- In addition to these responsibilities, the intern will have the opportunity to assist with first team duties and be involved in forecasting and budgeting future orders.
- Experience in the sports industry is required, preferably in equipment or team management.
- Knowledge of and passion for professional and/or amateur soccer preferred.
- Candidates must have excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs. and be on their feet for up to 12 hours a day.
- This position requires non-traditional work hours including nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation to and from Grand Park during the week and to Michael A. Carroll Stadium on the IUPUI Campus.