No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Basketball Analytics Intern who will work directly with the Indiana Pacers analytics team in support of the front office, training staff, and coaching staff. The overall focus will be on helping develop internal software tools and maintaining current analytics infrastructure. Experience in the sports industry is not required, but applicants must be passionate about basketball.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop internal software tools for use by the front office and coaching staff.
- Gather, clean, store, manage, and integrate data from a variety of sources.
- Assist in the creation of both standardized reports and ad-hoc analyses.
- Maintain and extend our existing analytics infrastructure.
- Innovate across all aspects of basketball operations including but not limited to coaching, scouting, and performance analytics.
- Collaborate on team projects and work autonomously on individual work.
- Communicate results to the basketball operations staff through presentations, written reports, and tools.
- Assist with compiling statistics/data and reporting for the Indiana Pacers and Fort Wayne Mad Ants.
- Assisting with game night responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Enrolled in a college or university program as a junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Demonstrated data programming experience (R, Python, SQL).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerBI).
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning techniques (eg, regression/modeling, clustering, hypothesis testing, categorical data analysis), commonly used statistics packages in R or Python, data visualization, and data collection methods.
- Strong organizational skills with a robust attention to detail in regards both to checking data and visual presentation of deliverables.
- Highly motivated and dependable.