No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Basketball Operations Intern that is highly motivated, organized, and passionate about basketball. Experience in the sports industry is not required but is a plus. The Basketball Operations Intern will work directly with the Indiana Pacers Basketball Operations department to assist the basketball division with daily administrative duties, including but not limited to: compiling and distributing daily news briefs, picking up and delivery express mail packages, sorting mail, stocking supplies, keeping departmental logs, assisting with draft and free agency, researching trends and providing analysis, updating salary cap sheets, entering data into the personnel database, helping prepare for Pacers games and future seasons, maintaining league-wide depth charts and roster boards, as well as additional duties as assigned by the Basketball Operations staff. This position will report directly to the Coordinator of Basketball Operations and is primarily responsible for assisting the Operations/Administration, Executive and Scouting departments, while some projects will require the intern to work with other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with administrative needs (i.e. scheduling, mail distribution, filing, distributing supplies, assembling jobs, generating daily reports, and other assignments to ensure daily operations in the basketball facility run smoothly.)
- Assist with executive needs (i.e. escorting guests, transporting of players, travel arrangements, restocking cabinets, etc.)
- Assist the scouting department with schedule planning, draft preparation, statistical research and analysis.
- Help maintain the integrity of the basketball division’s data including daily and periodic cleaning, maintenance, updating, and management of team databases.
- Assist other departments as needed - Training, Player Relations, Coaching, Video, etc.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle in order to complete miscellaneous internship tasks (a valid driver’s license is required) such as picking up lunch orders, dropping off projects, transporting players to and from doctors’ appointments, etc.
- Nurture internal & external reporting procedures to back up the Basketball Operations Department.
- Learn about the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the NBA Salary Cap.
- Foster strong communication techniques and relationships primarily with the Basketball Division staff in all positions.
- Periodically assist department staff on game day duties as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a college or university program as a junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Excellent and positive attitude with an outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to work on projects independently and maintain confidential information.
- Vast knowledge of basketball and daily operations of a sports entity.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a timely manner, while communicating with your supervisor often.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain a professional image at all times in the workplace.
- Organization skills with a robust attention to detail in regards to both checking data and visual presentation of project deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.