No Longer Accepting Applications
The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing matters of finance and accounting for LA Galaxy, LA Galaxy II, LA Academy, Soccer Center, and LA Galaxy Foundation. This position will be actively involved in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes, corporate reporting requirements, MLS league requirements, and external audits. This individual will supervise and develop finance staff, while being required to provide support to the VP Finance on financial analysis, business planning, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Supervise two Staff Accountants and work closely with an Accounting Specialist from the corporate finance team to ensure the completion of recurring activities including, month-end closings, reconciliations, etc in a timely and accurate manner. Will also evaluate staffs’ workload and desire to remain challenged, motivated, and engaged.
- Responsible for the daily accounting duties within department for multiple entities. Oversee month-end closes necessary for the compilation of financial statements and management reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Prepare various management and operational reports for comparison to budget and forecasts.
- Liaise with department heads, corporate executives, and external contacts as necessary to fulfill Finance and Accounting operational needs, including audits.
- Work closely with department managers to provide updated financial forecasts, as well as projections vs budget variances to executive management.
- Provide support to VP of Finance with responsibilities related to cash flow management, MLS reporting, and other requirements from the AEG financial reporting team.
- Work directly and closely with both the VP of Finance and SVP of Soccer & Business Operations and Business Development and assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain adequate safeguards and internal controls over asset and company property at all times. Develop and review proper Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain and update the team responsibility matrix on a recurring basis to ensure segregation of duties are properly maintained for all accounting procedures and processes within department.
- Seek continual improvement in finance-related processes and operations within department and organization to promote efficiency across the board.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 6-8 years Related professional experience
- A minimum of 6-8 years of broad financial and accounting management experience
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- High level of computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and ability to learn required business systems
- Good project management skills with a strong grasp of technical and business perspectives
- Ability to drive organizational adoption of fiscal philosophies, accountability and responsibility
- Proven experience with AEG Corporate applications and business systems
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication