No Longer Accepting Applications
Carson, CA, USA
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
The Soccer Programming Coordinator is responsible for representing the LA Galaxy and the soccer community through events and initiatives vital to the success of the LA Galaxy Programming Department. The incumbent will assist in creating, supporting, and executing LA Galaxy youth programs and classes, soccer leagues and tournaments (youth and adult) and finding new opportunities for the LA Galaxy to become the preeminent purveyor of soccer in the Southern California soccer landscape.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations for current and future LA Galaxy soccer programming, including Galaxy Juniors, Skills Trainings, leagues and tournaments (youth and adult) at the Kinecta Soccer Center, powered by the LA Galaxy, Galaxy Sports Complex and Galaxy Park.
- Lead program-specific customer service processes by promoting positive guest relations, making every effort to accommodate any guest's reasonable request with the highest standard of courtesy, respect and efficiency.
- Track and report Youth program registration and budgeting numbers in relation to program goals, using the established registration platform and tracking systems.
- Assist the Program Lead at assigned Youth Programs. Duties include but are not limited to acting as the main contact for all inquiries, setting up and tearing down, completing the check-in process and more.
- Support the implemented operational plans and timelines for competitions, creating a schedule that adheres to all regulations and presents a valuable experience to all involved.
- Deliver program -specific communication by sending and evolving communication processes and layouts.
- Provide continuous feedback and propose business solutions for department platforms and initiatives, including but not limited to, the registration platform, communication processes, and administration processes.
- Prepare giveaways and competition prizes; Organize giveaway inventory as needed.
- Stay abreast of Youth and Adult Futsal and small-sided soccer regulations to ensure proper competition management, and create new competition experiences.
- Identify local sport and youth entities and businesses to promote LA Galaxy competitions and deepen LA Galaxy's connection to the Souther California community.
- Support other programming department duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 2-4 years Related work experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn required business systems
- Strong supporter and advocate to the mission, vision and core values of the LA Galaxy
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented team player who can multi-task and prioritize with strong follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to various environments and situations
- Able to stand or otherwise remain stationary for long periods of time
- Able to load/unload merchandise, typically weighing 5 to 15 lbs
- High ethical standards and strong sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and events as business dictates
- Knowledge and awareness of the LA soccer community preferred