No Longer Accepting Applications
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
- Responsible for the effective selection, leadership, mentorship and evaluation of assistant coaches and other team personnel
- Accountable for the development and delivery of an annual plan
- Responsible for the recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes
- Responsible for orienting student-athletes to the policies and regulations of the University, Department of Athletics & Recreation, Canada West and U SPORTS
- In conjunction with compliance staff, ensures participating student-athletes meet all necessary and required eligibility regulations as set out in the Canada West and U SPORTS rules and regulations
- Works with Manager, High Performance and/or Director, Athletics and Recreation in competition scheduling and program development
- Fiscally responsible for preparing and managing the men’s basketball budgets as directed:
- Develop an annual fundraising program for program enhancements
- Contribute to department fundraising initiatives (e.g., scholarship breakfast and golf tournament)
- Works with the Director, Development in support of team fundraising initiatives
- Performs administrative duties in conjunction with the department staff in regards to travel arrangements, student-athlete financial awards, housing and eligibility requirements.
- Encourages student-athletes to maintain and develop good academic standing and monitors and assists student-athletes with academic progress (support for PACE program)
- Works with the Manager, High Performance Sport in delivery of sports science and support programs for the Varsity team
- Cooperates with Manager, Communications and Marketing in conducting interviews and athlete information for media, publications, and website.
- Participation in provincial and national programs and community events is encouraged to enhance coaching ability and the overall program
- Minimum of five years coaching experience at a high level and a proven track record of success (preferably at the post-secondary level, or equivalent).
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to recruit.
- Proven track record, and a leadership style characterized by enthusiasm, integrity and discipline.
- Knowledge of academic system.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles, and demonstrated skill in developing / motivating student-athletes both academically and athletically.