No Longer Accepting Applications
USA Pickleball, the National Governing Body for the nation’s fastest growing sport, seeks a top-flight business development executive to drive incremental sales in non-endemic and endemic corporate sponsorship. The Managing Director of Partnerships will focus on maximizing existing revenue streams, while simultaneously identifying and creating new ones. The position will supervise the Account Services Director and oversee the engagement strategy for a portfolio of corporate partnerships. While providing significant mutual benefit and ROI to each partner, USA Pickleball’s partnerships are designed to directly benefit all membership constituency groups, programs and events.
This is a full-time position based in Phoenix, Arizona. Remote work will be considered for the right candidate. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Identify category-leading, non-endemic and endemic prospective brands, and successfully demonstrate the value proposition of corporate partnership with USA Pickleball.
- Develop sales presentation materials, proposals and term sheets before facilitating the negotiation and execution of contractual agreements.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with the Chief Marketing Officer and other key stakeholders as necessary, while managing the day-to-day relationship and performance a sales agency of record, to realize business development opportunities.
- Manage sales efforts for digital, print and broadcast media advertising.
- Manage the partnership renewal process and negotiate with existing partners prior to end of contract term.
- Develop an annual sales plan that includes monthly, quarterly and yearly KPIs. Conduct annual audits of asset valuations, maintain prospect lists, update demographics data, and track sales figures.
- Manage sales efforts expos and on-site activations at national- or regional-level events for partners and non-partners; liaise with local organizing committees as necessary.
- Coordinate with other members of the business unit, including the marketing and communications staff, to ensure a smooth transition for new clients into the partner family; strategize with other internal departments to help realize organizational goals through new corporate partnerships.
- Represent USA Pickleball while developing and expanding corporate relationships at select industry trade shows.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with members of other departments, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, sports administration or a similar field.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in sports industry sales and/or marketing fields.
- Software proficiency should include a MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe suite and CRM platform (e.g., Sales Force).
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours as necessary, including nights and weekends.
- Experience within, or knowledge of, the pickleball industry is beneficial but not required.