No Longer Accepting Applications
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are requiring that all full-time/part-time team members and new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain limited exceptions.
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for talented people who embrace diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU! #FearTheDeer
The Wisconsin Herd is looking for a passionate Communications PR/CR Intern for the upcoming 2022-23 NBA G League season this fall! This individual will work in a fast-pace, hands-on environment and learn the intricacies of public and community relations in the sports industry. The ideal candidate will divide time between office hours and game functions.
- Contribute to teams' digital communication efforts including writing newsletter copy, game & news stories, and assisting with press releases & website updates.
- Assist the communications department with their day-to-day operations on a wide range of projects, including digital initiatives, and community and public relations activities that maintain the continuity and integrity of the Milwaukee Bucks & Wisconsin Herd brand.
- Support media relations.
- Assist with game notes, stat distribution and game night duties.
- Monitor media requests and create & distribute media credentials.
- Help implement Wisconsin Herd community programs including player appearances, donation request fulfillment, hosting game night guests such as non-profit of the night partners, hand-out promotional materials, etc.
- Conduct media interviews on game days for digital communication efforts.
- Research community events and calendars to incorporate Herd activation.
- Monitor news stories and share internally with staff.
- Assist broadcast partner with responsibilities as assigned.
- Basic office duties and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Studying Communications, PR, Journalism, or sports management.
- Be available to provide public relations support for all Wisconsin Herd home and away games as needed for the 2022-23 season.
- Previous sports experience is not required but is a plus!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- High proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to think creatively and contribute new insights.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities on deadline.
- Ability to think and react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations.
- Ability to work all Wisconsin Herd home games, including weekends and holidays.
- Solid understanding of basketball statistics.
- Available to work 20+ hours a week (including assigned game coverage).