No Longer Accepting Applications
Milwaukee, WI, USA
This is a position that supports the building operations and conversions within Deer District and Fiserv Forum, assuring that they are accurately completed on-time. This role will lead and direct the conversion crew and will be responsible for general maintenance and organizing around the district. Candidates need to be willing to work hard with physically demanding tasks given daily. Should have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a desire to make Deer District the best possible destination for fellow team members, clients, and guests.
- Lead the conversion staff in setup of building stages, moving retractable seating, installing and removing the basketball court(s) and goals, setting up media areas, back-of-house rooms, tables, chairs, etc.
- Teaching and training conversion staff on proper techniques and approaches for setups.
- Set up and general maintenance of all staging panels, barriers, back drop panels, and stage skirting as it applies to specific needs according to the different shows held in the arena.
- Performing basic laundry tasks of table linens and other items.
- Set up and general maintenance of basketball floor(s), goals and all other equipment involved.
- Set up and general maintenance of all seating components such as retractable seating, folding chairs, tables, platforms, risers, telescope and fixed seats.
- Prepare the arena for ice events by helping with the conversions, building and maintaining the ice surface, installing dashers and hockey glass, and other such duties.
- Set up dressing rooms and hospitality areas for events.
- Organize and clean all storage areas in the district.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as pressure washing, cleaning of signage, dusting elevated areas, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- The ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Prior forklift certification is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed.
- Hours vary from week to week based on scheduled events and department needs.
- Must be available to work overnight and irregular shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Shifts are 6-12 hours in duration.
- Reliable transportation is essential.