No Longer Accepting Applications
The Director, Group Sales will be responsible for leadership of all revenue associated with group sales and hospitality spaces, while directly managing a staff of Account Executives. The Director, Group Sales will create departmental strategy, establish processes to develop staff, and execute a plan to exceed established revenue targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise Account Executives responsible for group sales revenue generation and retention.
- Exceed Sharks & SAP Center event revenue targets as assigned.
- Work in tandem with Brand team to develop innovative group nights and packages.
- Create incentive programs that motivate the team to reach their revenue targets.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting as requested.
- Lead all group leader communication, including call campaigns, texts and emails.
GROUP SALES FULFILLMENT
- Clearly communicate and manage logistics and fulfillment for all elements of group ticket packages.
- Be a visible and accessible presence for our group leaders, engaging them at games and events and being available for group leaders as needed.
- Regularly evaluate existing technology stack specific to group sales and lead relationships vendors where appropriate.
- Continually evolve the group buyer experience, prioritizing innovation, creativity, and an exceptional level of service.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience, preferably with 2 years of leadership experience in the sport or live event industry.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with track record of people development and group sales success.
- Exemplify and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices.
- Ability to build successful relationships within the organization and externally with members
- Experience developing and managing a budget preferred.
- Advanced level of understanding of Ticketmaster’s Archtics preferred.
- High proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Understanding and experience using CRM platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to problem solve in real time.
- Strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable industry experience required.
- It is imperative that you can work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.