No Longer Accepting Applications
Oakville, ON, Canada
- Assist in the development and execution of communications strategies to support Golf Canada’s Marketing and Communications plan as the National Sport Federation.
- Demonstrate strength in writing and editing with an understanding of corporate voice.
- Build trust relationships with journalists, media, athletes, and related stakeholders.
- Manage the media centre operation and credentialing for two National Open Championships – the RBC Canadian Open and CP Women’s Open.
- Demonstrate a purposeful approach to corporate communications including story pitches and media relations with the ability to meet deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Develop robust internal and external relationships while sourcing relevant information from Golf Canada departments and/or external organizations.
- Exercise strong judgement and people skills in communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of bilingual communications activities (English and French) supported by outsource translators.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of sport and especially golf with the ability to report on events through articles and social media story telling.
- Assist in the creation of social media posts and e-newsletter materials to support Golf Canada’s overarching content strategy.
- Secure photographers and other related suppliers for Golf Canada events and assist in organizing Golf Canada’s media library.
- Other duties as they arise.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Five plus years of Communications experience
- French language (both spoken and written) is considered a strong asset
- Strong communicator with excellent organizational and people skills
- Keen attention to detail with strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to source information with minimal oversight
- Initiative-taker who is confident and tactful, but understands when to seek advice and direction
- Photoshop capabilities considered an asset
- Experience with media monitoring software considered an asset
- Interest in golf/sport considered a strong asset