No Longer Accepting Applications
Miami, FL, USA
The Equipment Management Intern will be responsible for assisting the Equipment Manager in overseeing the sporting equipment and apparel for the club’s First Team. The position will provide support for daily training sessions and home matches. They will have the opportunity to learn about the operations and logistics that are needed to support a professional sports organization. The position will also assist in the overall Team Operations work environment. This position will report directly to the Operations department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the day-to-day management and preparation of equipment needs for players and staff.
- Helping coaching staff deliver and set up equipment to/from fields.
- Distributes and collects equipment on a daily basis.
- Coordinates inventory counts.
- Inspects equipment regularly and makes recommendations for alternatives if needed.
- Assist coaching and technical staff with set up and preparation of daily training sessions.
- Assist in the set up and preparation for home matches.
- Assist in the caretaking of the team's equipment and gear.
- Assist in the laundering and coordination of team gear.
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned.
- In addition to these responsibilities, the intern will have the opportunity to assist with first team duties and be involved in forecasting and budgeting future orders.
- Other duties as assigned by and Equipment Manager
- Interested in/or currently pursuing a career in sport.
- A passion for sport and knowledge of the game of soccer.
- Team player who is willing to work weekends or nights when necessary.
- High levels of responsibility, organization, and initiative.
- Ability to problem solve and think on the fly in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-Motivated and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of and passion for professional soccer preferred.
- Candidates must have excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs. and be on their feet for up to 12 hours a day.
- This position requires non-traditional work hours including nights and weekends.
- Must have US work authorization.