How to apply
Seattle, WA, USA
The Equipment Assistant will work alongside the Sounders FC’s First Team Equipment Staff, and at times the Developmental Equipment Staff, in efficiently managing all team equipment needs. This part-time role will be required to work 20-24 hours a week. We’re looking for a team player with high attention to detail who can take initiative to ensure full support of the players and coaches during the 2023 season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in distribution and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with maintaining an efficient laundry process; collecting, washing, drying and distribution of laundry.
- Assist in issuing supplies to players and coaches along with the fitting process.
- Inspects supplies to detect need for repair or replacement.
- Assist in the set up and take down of training sessions.
- Assist coaches as needed with training sessions.
- Assist with the set-up and stocking of locker rooms at stadium and training facility.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the practice facility including locker rooms, bathrooms and equipment room.
- Pack and unpack equipment, supplies and uniforms for road trips.
- Assist in annual inventory process.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of parcels.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Experience in an equipment room for professional sports team, college or high school team preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to receive feedback.
- Professional demeanor, punctual, and reliable; accountable for actions/decisions.
- Passionate about soccer.
- Spanish fluency a plus.