How to apply
Indianapolis, IN, USA
The primary function of the Ticket Operations Coordinator is to provide support for all ticket department activities for each major IMS event: INDYCAR Grand Prix, Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400, as well as all other ticket-related events.
- This role has a primary focus on ticket sales, service and operations.
- Customer Service
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Communicate positively with guests via telephone, face-to-face, email and online chat to establish their needs efficiently and provide accurate information regarding all IMS events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Ticket Sales and Service
- Learn and utilize the IMS computer ticket system (SCORE), as well as other technology programs and applications to help our customers with sales, fulfillment and renewals.
- Aid guests with the purchase and distribution of tickets, parking and any applicable add-on products.
- Handle cash and credit cards responsibly and accurately, with the ability to balance monies by batch to submit to Financial Analyst.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with staff and guests as issues arise.
- Ability to be flexible and explain all available products to customers.
- High level of knowledge of IMS facility and familiarity with stands, parking areas and special event sites.
- Package and prepare for mailing tickets, parking and product orders for all events.
- Process annual renewals for all major events.
- Accurately maintain confidential customer and business information.
- Operate and maintain individualized remote ticket locations during event times as assigned.
- Responsibilities will also include accountability for one or more Ticket Office main functions, e.g., ticket fulfillment, Lap Prize, complimentary ticket requests, etc.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and its Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director, Ticket Sales and Service and Manager of Ticket Operations.
- A minimum of one to two years of box office or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task/manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, strategic-thinking skills; willingness to take initiative and learn.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills along with strong customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and within a team structure.
- Proficiency in office software systems such as MS Word, Office, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality and attention to detail.