No Longer Accepting Applications
Are you someone who likes having fun? Do you consider yourself the life of the party? The Houston Astros are seeking an outgoing, organized, and motivated candidate to serve as a handler for the Club’s official mascot, Orbit, for the 2023 season.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accompany Orbit while performing game duties and designated off-site appearances.
- Assist with taking pictures, signing autographs, and improving the overall guest experience.
- Act as the “eyes, ears, and voice” for the mascot performer, including awareness of game progression, in-game activations, stadium navigation, fan requests, and potential hazards.
- Carry mascot supplies (autograph cards, t-shirts, props, etc.).
- Assist in the maintaining of the condition of the mascot costume.
- Assist mascot performer with preparation and execution of on-field skits/routines, t-shirt tosses, and provide logistical support during games and appearances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including afternoons, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism.
- Strong leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to work and identify areas of opportunity.
- Ability to work incredibly well under pressure (strong improvisation skills a plus).
- Must be able to connect with fans of all ages and demographics.
- Must be punctual and possess good time management.
- Basic knowledge of Major League Baseball.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to submit to a motor vehicle background check.