No Longer Accepting Applications
Houston, TX, USA
The Houston Astros are currently seeking an International Area Scout for the country of Venezuela. The responsibilities include identifying and recruiting talent to support the efforts of the International Scouting department in the assigned region. The International Area Scout will be an Independent Contractor. This position will be based in Caracas, VZ or Maracay, VZ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and evaluate potential international prospects throughout assigned region.
- Produce written and verbal player assessments in a timely manner.
- Interact regularly with trainers, coaches, and others throughout the baseball community in the assigned region.
- Gauge a player's overall makeup through personal interviews and other various channels.
- Interact with scouts and Houston-based staff to ensure effective coverage of area through scouting looks, data capture, and additional information sources as required.
- Aid in the process of collecting, organizing, and analyzing player data.
- Strong baseball knowledge and evaluation experience required.
- Experience in the international baseball market, particularly in the assigned region, is required.
- Understanding and appreciation of baseball analytics preferred.
- English language proficiency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Professional playing experience a plus.
- Experience with SQL and SQL databases a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including scouts, players, trainers, and front office members.
- Demonstrated passion for baseball and intellectual curiosity.