How to apply
Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Lead and manage the Swimming Canada People and Culture Function to design and deliver people management and people development strategies to underpin the delivery of Swimming Canada’s Strategic Plan.
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), design and deliver market leading recruitment and onboarding programs that respond to the needs (current & future).
- Embed performance management framework, provide analysis and insights to SLT and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Conduct regular ‘Culture Health Checks’, the Annual Employee Survey and organizational analysis to identify actionable insights. Design and deliver interventions and provide recommendations and status updates to the SLT.
- Provide sound advice, and coach managers on operational people matters, risks, issues and trends to keep managers informed and supported including coaching managers in relation to recruitment, performance management, engagement, and workforce planning issues.
- Manage complex workplace people issues including grievances, performance improvement, conduct and other investigations and disciplinary matters to build a high performing and productive working environment.
- Provide leadership and supervise the performance of the People and Culture team by setting clear work objectives, assessing performance, providing feedback, and development and coaching to build employee capability.
- Establish proactive and effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and monitor corporate HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and standards.
- Lead and manage, in collaboration with the High Performance team, the Integrated Wellness Program.
- Lead and provide oversight for Swimming Canada’s Safe Sport initiatives and programs which includes working with
- Third-party service providers. (Independent Third-Party and Office of Sport Integrity Commissioner (OSIC)).
- Service-minded with troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong and professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to be consistent in the delivery of service to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage a varying workload
- A leader who can inspire and motivate direct reports and staff across departments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate easily to a range of audiences including athletes, parents of minor aged swimmers, coaches, Swimming Canada staff and external partners or service providers