How to apply
Ottawa, ON, Canada
The Coordinator, Jumping will support Equestrian Canada (EC) in the delivery of Jumping discipline grass roots and high-performance programs with an emphasis on youth, including assisting the Canadian Equestrian Team with preparations for the Youth Championships, Pan American Games, World Equestrian Games and Olympic Games.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the delivery of jumping programs and initiatives including U25 programming and the Hunter/Jumper development programs, CET and JET Medal, JC Youth Bursary, and Jump Canada Hall of Fame.
- Oversee the delivery of the North American Youth Championships.
- Act as a resource for the Jumping discipline stakeholders and respond to general inquiries on behalf of the discipline.
- Maintain a directory list for committee members, athletes, and owners.
- Coordinate the logistical functions related to FEI events and Major Games.
- Promote athlete development pathways by implementing opportunities that align with long-term Equestrian Development Pathway programs.
- Liaise with the Provincial Hunter Jumper Associations (PHJA).
- Support the Jumping committee, as requested.
- Process authorizations to compete at foreign competitions.
- Foster a collaborative work environment and team culture in all aspects of the organization.
- Post-secondary education in Sport or related field with experience in the Canadian sport system.
- Knowledge of Hunter-Jumper Discipline or equestrian knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years in a similar position.
- English essential, Bilingualism English/French preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of office and communications software including MS Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Adobe, and Survey Monkey.
- Strong attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills.
- High level of integrity and consistent professionalism expressed at all times, ensuring that EC is portrayed in a positive manner.
- Positive attitude, desire to improve, and work in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel (some travel is required).