How to apply
Cleveland, OH, USA
The Sports & Competition Coordinator will focus on the successful planning and execution of the 2024 Pan-American Masters Games (PAMG). This position will be a key piece of the Sports & Operations team, with primary focus on event operations including collaborating with all sport chairs and competition venues to ensure a stellar experience for athletes participating in the Games. Secondary responsibilities related to other events hosted by the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission.
Contract Duration: June 2023 – August 2024
- Assist Director of Competition with operations and logistics, including coordination with sport chairs, technical delegates, venue contacts, volunteers, sport officials and umpires.
- Assist Director of Competition with scheduling, finalizing tournament details, reporting results and managing officials.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact and project manager for an identified group of PAMG 2024 competition venues.
- Collaborate with the operations team to source and manage equipment including purchasing, storage, and delivery.
- Coordinate sport related meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, recording of meeting notes, and identification of action items.
- Assist in recruitment and management of temporary event staff & interns.
- Assist in recruitment of athletes and volunteers.
- Work collaboratively and communicate efficiently with all departments within PAMG team to ensure proper planning and execution of logistics for the Games.
- Assist Greater Cleveland Sports Commission with event management tasks for additional GCSC hosted events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Significant internship experience or I-year full time position.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-directed with outstanding follow through.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and solutions-oriented outlook.