How to apply
Cleveland, OH, USA
The Community Programming Coordinator will focus on the successful planning and execution of community engagement efforts associated Greater Cleveland Sports Commission events. This position will be a key piece of the Programming team, with primary focus for the position on ensuring the Pan-American Masters Games leaves a legacy in Greater Cleveland, while providing a stellar experience for athletes participating in the Games. Secondary responsibilities related to other events hosted by the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission.
Contract Duration: June 2023 – August 2024
- Assist with planning and execution of community engagement and legacy efforts associated with the 2024 Pan-American Masters Games.
- Coordinate programming-related meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, recording of meeting notes, identification of action items, and participation of on-site walkthroughs.
- Assist in recruitment and management of temporary event staff & interns.
- Work collaboratively and communicate efficiently with all departments within PAMG team to ensure proper planning and execution of logistics for the Games.
- Support staff and contractors in producing Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- Assist with planning and management of VIP events as needed.
- Assist Greater Cleveland Sports Commission with event management tasks for additional GCSC hosted programs and events.
- Significant internship experience or I-year full time position
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego.
- Self-directed with outstanding follow through
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Positive and solutions-oriented outlook