How to apply
Montreal, QC, Canada
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Foster effective team-work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff
- In addition to the President, act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
- Represent the organization within the Sport sector to enhance the organization’s profile
- Responsible for the administration of all the organization’s policies
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients, Board, sponsors and funders
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Draft policies for the approval by the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Ensure that staff, client, sponsor, Board and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Five to eight (5 to 8) years of progressively responsible experience within the sport system at a national, international and/or provincial level.
- Experience at a senior management level.
- Proven experience in fostering strong and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders, funders, sponsors and the media.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent understanding of opportunities and challenges facing sport.
- Ability to interpret, develop and implement policies.
- Excellent supervisory and coaching skills as well as a demonstrated capacity to set clear direction and empower others.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets, analyse financial records and prepare reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to getting results
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Complete spoken and written command of both English and French