How to apply
Tampa, FL, USA
Under the direction of the USL Digital Services team, the Digital Services UWEP supports the digital department by ensuring an overall positive user experience and user interface for 7 league websites and the 70+ club sites within the USL Digital Network. The Participant will assume an integral role in the placement of content for all league sites as well as the enforcement of league guidelines across the network.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the monitoring of club websites to ensure compliance with league guidelines
- Work alongside the Digital Services team to generate and organize statistical, team and player-specific pages within the USL website platform
- Activate sponsors and digital campaigns on the USL Digital Network on behalf of partners. Also, identify opportunities for further partner integration on the websites and apps
- Update internal website pages with roster, schedule, and information changes
- Assist with the communication of player, team and match information to the league’s Official Data Provider - Opta
- Execute on-page and on-site SEO best practices as directed
- Develop ideas for content and layout on the official sites of USL League Two and Super Y League
- Act in a quality assurance role to ensure a uniform display and maintain functionality
- Utilize HTML and CSS to create page elements for league sites
- Work with other areas of the business – communications, marketing, analytics etc. – to accomplish their web goals
- Assist other departments and operational areas as requested
- Participants must be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and/or training and must certify that they are able to receive college credit from an accredited college or university for their participation
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook are a must.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Should be extremely organized and detail oriented, with a focus on quality and consistency.
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of sports/soccer is preferred, but not required
- If completing the Work Experience Program remotely, participants must have access to a computer or laptop with reliable internet connection