How to apply
Belleville, ON, Canada
- Oversees the design and implementation of intercollegiate and extracurricular activities collaborating with students, student athletes, student leaders, staff, and alumni. Daily operations include overseeing the administration, staffing, and planning of these activities throughout the year
- Oversees the daily operation of the college Fitness Centre including administration, staffing and planning.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Facilities and Executive teams, for planning and development of new facilities and the renovation of current athletic facilities to ensure the department operates within the industry standards.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of sports and recreational camp programming
- Plans, organizes and directs departmental activities; develops goals and objectives; establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations; develops new and improves existing
programs which will meet student needs; reviews departmental performance and implements changes as required to improve services and ensure that regulatory requirements are met; evaluates all reporting methods of department and researches, introduces and demonstrates new techniques and equipment to staff
- Develops and implements leadership opportunities and training for varsity athletes.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant provincial and national sports association policies and requirements.
- Develops and implements varsity scholarship programs while adhering to College, Provincial, and National policies.
- Fosters new relationships and strengthens existing ones across the College and in the broader community by hosting major athletics and recreation events, and partnering with community sports and services organizations across the region and the province.
- Prepares, allocates, and monitors all facets of the departmental budget. This includes the development of short and long term forecasts and building revenue strategies to accommodate the diverse needs of the students and community participants. Also, the Director develops cost efficient strategies for new and existing programs and prepares budgets and budget reports.
- Oversees all risk management aspects of all College based athletic and recreational activities, including overseeing and implementing concussion protocol practices established at the Provincial and National level.
- Responsible for monitoring and advising college varsity athletes to ensure that these students are fully supported to be successful in their studies.
- 4 Year degree in Sports Administration/Management, Recreation Leadership or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant progressive experience managing sports programs, including planning, development, operations, budget, and administration in a post-secondary environment.
- Leadership Training/Coaching Certification.
- Sound understanding of the Ontario College System, Loyalist College, Canadian College Athletic Association (CCAA) and Ontario College Athletic Association (OCAA) and relevant programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborative management/leadership, strategic planning, and innovation, and in managing change initiatives and risk management.
- Demonstrated leadership success in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Successful/experience working in a unionized environment would be a significant asset.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution/mediation