How to apply
Missouri City, TX, USA
This is an unpaid, educational internship opportunity. All SKC interns must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Sports Management or related field and be able to receive academic credit through their college or university degree program, or must have recently achieved their bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Victory Project fundraising events including Victory Gala and Sporting Invitational Golf Tournament.
- Assist with match day programming, including Match Day Honorees, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations.
- Research and recommend new and innovative fundraising ideas and events.
- Assist with stewardship plan to thank Victory Project donors.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as the ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a degree in sports management, communications, public relations, or related degree
- 1+ year of experience in community activations
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.