Account Executives will focus mainly on generating revenue for the organization through premium, group ticket and plan sales. The execution is to be action-based, creative, focused, organized and responsive. Working directly with the Director of Ticket Sales, this role will develop and execute their own personal business plan centered around finding, closing, then retaining business for the organization. Cold calling, email and in-person networking will be the main channels for finding new business. Utilizing social media, asking for referrals, and other creative thinking to make contacts will also be important to achieving success.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set appointments over the phone with corporate decision makers, with a certain number of appointments per week as a goal for success in the position.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing accounts by visiting with accounts throughout the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact.
- Represent the organization at in-house ballpark events and off-site community events by promoting both ticket sales and the organization.
- Grow premium, group ticket and plan sales revenue streams through both renewals and new sales.
- Work with Director of Ticket Sales to identify new promotional opportunities for the organization, both in-season and offseason.
- Listen to each prospect’s needs carefully and match them with the assets the organization has to offer.
- Fully understand the organization’s marketing assets (both social and digital), as well as targeted and direct marketing capabilities to capitalize on ticket sales opportunities.
- Maintain and consistently update personal CRM database after each point-of-contact with a prospect or client.
- Work persistently on prospecting for quality leads that will lead to quality appointments with appropriate decision makers regarding premium, group ticket and plan sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Marketing, Marketing, Business Administration or previous experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of proven sales experience. Proven track record of exceeding individual sales goals.
- Ability to present sales collateral, handle objections, negotiate and close ticket sales business.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and prioritize results
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous work with a sports team is preferred, but not required